Disaster Relief | Texas | Summer ’18
Nearly a year after Hurricane Harvey, relief efforts in Houston are winding down—but the need for rebuilding homes and restoring people is still great, and we are still moved to respond.
Our second Texas relief trip of 2018 will assist Next Step Storm with residential construction projects for hurricane victims in the towns of Cleveland and Shepherd, Texas.
- Information Meeting: Sunday, June 3, 12:30 to 1:30pm in Room 104
- Last Day to Register: June 25
- Required Team Building Meeting: Sunday, July 15, 12:30pm to 3:30pm in Room 104
- Home rebuilding
- Providing repairs for affected homeowners
- Replacing rotted drywall
- Clearing yard debris
- Rewiring home electrical
- Painting exterior/interior walls
- Fixing plumbing systems
Includes airfare, lodging, transportation, and 3 meals each work day. All other expenses will be out-of-pocket.
Team members under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult family member.
A $150 nonrefundable deposit is required at registration. Withdrawing from the trip after paying the deposit will require the $800 to be paid in full.
Space is limited, and team spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.REGISTER