Sundays | November 8-22
Break The Ice
Each week, ask a few of your group members to share their personal answer to this prompt:
What comes to mind when think of “comfort food?” Share a story about your favorite comfort food or meal, including what makes that food particularly comforting for you.
Numerous passages in the Bible affirm that God is with us, God is for us, and God is ahead of us.
Here are a few verses that your group may wish to reflect on over the course of this series. Ask your group: What other scriptures do group members call to mind when they are reminded of these truths?
Week 1: God is with us
John 1:1-3, 14-18
Matthew 1:23 / Isaiah 7:14
Week 2: God is for us
1 John 4:4
Week 3: God is ahead of us
2 Corinthians 5:12-21
When studying these passages, you may choose to ask the group to consider:
- What insights, questions, reactions, implications, or challenges did this passage bring up?
- How could the principles or truths in these verses be applied today?
Spend the majority of your group time discussing reflections based on the previous Sunday’s message. Here are a few questions your group can revisit throughout the Comfort Food series:
- What did you hear? What point in this message was most impactful for you?
- What have you experienced? How did this message resonate with your own life experience?
- What do you think? How did this message challenge, change, or affirm your thinking?
- What will you do? How will you put into practice what you have learned?
Pray together, specifically acknowledging that God is with us, God is for us, and that God is ahead of us. Thank God for how you have experienced his presence and comfort in your lives. You may also wish to pray over challenges or struggles related to these truths – are there areas in your life where you aren’t feeling or experiencing God’s guidance, comfort, or provision? Ask God to work through the Holy Spirit to reveal a greater awareness of His presence and care in every area of your life.